Last week has been hectic and exhausting. I had very little motivation to cook yet both of us did not feel like eating out. So, I whipped up a simple chicken curry puff for dinner using instant Malaysian curry paste from A1 Best One. A1 Best One instant curry paste is very famous in Malaysia and it is sold in most overseas asian groceries stores . The reasons behind its popularity are its wonderful aroma and flavorful taste. Please take note that there is another instant curry paste sold in the stores that has almost similar name as A1 Best One and it is known as A1 ActionOne instant curry paste. Initially, I thought that they are both from the same company but later found out that they were different. I prefer A1 Best One’s curry paste over A1 ActionOne as the latter taste a bit dull.
Quick Chicken Curry Puff (Serves 5)
- 1 packet of instant curry paste
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 4 chicken thigh fillets
- 300 ml water
- 1 tbs oil
- Wash the chicken thigh fillets and pat them dry with a paper towel. Cut the fillets into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the chopped onions and fry until translucent.
- Add in the instant curry paste and stir-fry for 2 min or until aromatic.
- Add in the cubed chicken thigh fillets and potatoes and stir fry for 3 min.
- Pour in 300 ml of water. Cover the lid, lower the heat and let the curry simmer until the chicken is done and potatoes are tender (30-45 min).
- Let it cool.